Thank you for your interest in applying for UShadow! We are excited at the prospect of pairing you with an industry professional that can provide you with career guidance and advice.
Please note this completed application is due by 4:00pm on Friday, January 23, 2015.
Late applications will not be accepted.
To apply to be matched with a UShadow host in Spring 2015, please login to HireACane and complete these steps:
- Complete the UShadow Application form, which includes your top 3 industry shadowing preferences
- Select the SURVEYS tab and respond to' UShadow Spring 2015- APPLICATION.' This form includes 3 short answer responses that will be included in your application:
- Why are you interested in participating in UShadow?
- What do you hope to gain from your shadowing experience?
- How do you plan to prepare for and make the most of your UShadow experience?
- Email a copy of your resume to Samantha Haimes at email@example.com
- Email resume with the subject line "UShadow 2015" and your first and last name Ex: "UShadow 2015 - John Smith"
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
January 12, 2015 -First Day of Classes
UShadow Application Opens
- Visit www.HireACane.com, login, and click the SURVEYS tab
- Complete application and respond to all questions
- Upload resume to HireACane
January 23, 2015
UShadow Application CLOSES at 4:00pm
February 18, 2015 – February 20th, 2015
UShadow student selections announced via email by 4:00pm
- Students notified via email by 4pm
Pre-Departure Orientation Session (MANDATORY attendance)– RSVP on HireACane by Friday, February 20th
Attend one of the following sessions. You will also receive the name and contact info of your UShadow Host directly following this meeting.
- February 23rd, 2015 at 12:00pm- Toppel Career Loft
- February 24th, 2015 at 5:00pm – Toppel Career Loft
- February 25th, 2015 at 10:00am- Toppel Career Loft
March and April 2015
UShadow experiences are completed (during regular business hours), depending on student/host availability
- Send follow-up email to Samantha Haimes at firstname.lastname@example.org after completing your UShadow experience within 1 week of meeting with your host (more information on this email provided at Orientation)
April 24, 2015
UShadow Student/Host Meetings Completed by 5:00pm
Contact Samantha Haimes for questions at email@example.com. Thank you!
- Submitting your application does not guarantee you will be matched with a UShadow host. If you are selected to participate in UShadow, your participation is MANDATORY. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to a one-day UShadow experience with the host that is assigned to you in March or April 2015.
- The Toppel Career Center strives to make the best possible matches based on students' indicated preferences as well as the host participants' industries. All students will be responsible for their own transportation to and from shadowing locations, so please plan accordingly.