This series of programs is held each spring semester to assist students and alumni with the job search process. Join us as selected recruiters serve as guest speakers and share their expertise!
Interviewing Skills Presented by David Ong, Maximus
Tuesday, January 21, 6:00 pm
• Hear tips and strategies from an employer recruiter and learn what recruiters are looking for during candidates interviews!
Employer Practice Interviews & Critiques (EPIC)
Friday, February 21, 9 am - 4:30 pm*
• Are your interview skills top-notch? How does your resume look? Would you like to kick start your job or internship search? Gain the competitive edge by participating in Toppel's Employer Practice Interview & Critique (EPIC) Program!
• Reserve your space today with the company of your choice at www.HireACane.com. Login, click on job postings, and search for the keyword "EPIC."
• Past participating organizations included: Target, FBI, Systemax / TigerDirect, TEKsystems, Nielsen, Arise Virtual Solutions Inc., Cargill, Citrix, BlackBerry, Orchid Boutique, Coca Cola, Total Quality Logistics, Miami Dolphins, Northwestern Mutual, TJX Companies, First Investors, General Electric, GR8 Group, Office Depot, Aerotek, Get Covered America, Peace Corps, Manpower Group, TD Bank, ICAP, and City Year.
Navigating Your Summer Internship as an International Student
Monday, March 24, 4:30 pm
• As International Students, you must follow certain processes and procedures when obtaining internships as well as take steps to maximize your internship overall experience. Learn some of the basics about CPT, getting oriented at your internship site, and making the most of your U.S. internship experience.
International Resume: Designing an Effective Resume to Appeal to an Overseas Market
Thursday, April 10, 12:30 pm
• Interested in working or going to graduate school abroad? Attend this program to help develop a resume fit for an international vagabond. Attendees will learn how to make a resume jive in any cultural setting.