This series of programs is held each spring semester to assist students and alumni with the job search process. Join us as selected recruiters serve as guest speakers and share their expertise!
The Case Interview (Hosted by Egon Zehnder International Inc.)
Tuesday, January 22, 6:00 pm
- The case interview format has become a popular trend in recruiting talent from multiple industries. This style is used to evaluate analytical ability and problem-solving skills. Employers are using this more and more to gain an understanding of how the applicant critically thinks and approaches problems. EZI will be offering information and tips on how to be successful when faced with this type of interview.
Preparing for Career Expo (Hosted by Robert Half)
Wednesday February 6, 6:30 pm
- Are you ready to sell your skills and abilities at the Spring Career Expo? This program will teach you how to get ready by researching companies ahead of time, networking with recruiters at the events, and making a strong first impression.
Tuesday, February 26, 6:30 pm
- “How much do you expect to make in this position?” Do you know how you would answer this tricky question as you prepare to apply for internships and jobs? Join the Toppel Career Center as we discuss planning ahead for salary negotiation, researching salaries for your field, and knowing exactly what you are worth, so that you are prepared when you receive an offer.
The Job Search for International Students
Monday, March 18, 6:30 pm
- Back by popular demand, this program will discuss the job search process for international students and offer suggestions for an effective job search. Gain a better understanding of the employment eligibility process, learn about helpful resources, and discuss the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful.
Job Search Boot Camp
Monday, April 22, 5:30 pm
- Are you graduating in 2013? Still looking for a full-time position? This event will help jump-start your job search. Learn tips on utilizing LinkedIn, enhancing your interviewing skills, and updating your resume. The event will include presenters by employers.