NOTE: It is your responsibility to keep track of each step in this process. The Toppel Career Center is not responsible for reminding you about deadlines.
The effects of missing an interview:
- Missed appointments inconvenience employers who have scheduled their time around your interview.
- Missed appointments reflect poorly on other UM students, faculty and staff who are your peers, colleagues and teachers.
- Missed appointments damage Toppel’s relationship with employers who may reconsider whether or not to participate in OCR in the future. Employers do talk to each other.
- Because missed appointments disrupt this working relationship, other students now, and in the future, may have their career goals affected by your actions.
Either way, your actions affect not only you, but your fellow students. It is your decision whether you affect them positively or negatively.
Please make every effort to attend your interview. Cancellations are strongly discouraged, and no-shows are unacceptable. However, we understand that emergencies do occur at times. Please give us (at a minimum) a 24-hour notice you will not be able to commit to your interview time.
Contact Jordan Adams, Assistant Director, Recruiting Services in writing at email@example.com.
Students who do not follow this process will see the following occurring:
- Your HireAcane account will be disabled
- You must write a letter of apology addressed to “Dear Recruiter:” and include the name of the company you were scheduled to interview with (be ready to provide a printed and electronic version of it)
- Call the Toppel Career Center at 305-284-5451 to schedule a meeting with Jordan Adams, Assistant Director, On-Campus Recruiting
Years taken to build business relationships for the benefit of the UM community can be erased with just a few negative experiences. Please observe the highest professional and ethical standards and see yourself as we see you: an ambassador to the business community, representing the University of Miami.