The following are some sample interview questions.
These are a list of industry-specific and professional/graduate school questions.
- Tell me more about your internship at XYZ company. What challenges did you face?
- Describe a leadership role you have assumed.
- Tell me about a time when you worked on a team? What was your role and how did the team go about achieving its goal?
- Why are you interested in our company/graduate school?
- What skills do you possess that will allow you to succeed in a graduate program?
- What is your greatest strength? You biggest weakness?
- Describe what you find stressful in a job. How do you handle the stress?
- How do you organize and plan for major projects?
- What has been your greatest accomplishment?
- Describe a recent situation when you had to motivate others.
The following are some sample questions that you can ask at an interview.
- How would you describe the corporate/organizational structure?
- Who is the direct supervisor for this position and what is that person’s management style?
- What type of training is provided?
- How do students get paired for research opportunities in this graduate program?
- What are the opportunities you see for the department/company/organization in the next year?
For further information on the interviewing process, join us for 8 Steps to Acing the Interview!