To obtain your CPT Letter, you must enroll in the Toppel Internship Program. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Complete ISSS’s F-1 Employment Session Online and CPT application
2. After securing your internship position, attend a Toppel Internship Program Orientation
3. Following orientation, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
a. Company name and Mailing Address
b. Name of your academic advisor
4. After you receive an email stating that your letter is ready for pick up, stop by the front desk at the Toppel Career Center to obtain your CPT letter (Monday - Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm)
5. Have the CPT letter signed by your academic advisor
6. Bring the CPT letter and completed CPT application to ISSS
*PLEASE NOTE THAT IT TAKES 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS TO CREATE YOUR CPT LETTER AFTER EMAILING THE NECESSARY INFORMATION TO TOPPEL-INTERNSHISP@MIAMI.EDU.
*CPT Letters are only given to students with PAID internships. You DO NOT need a CPT letter for an unpaid internship.
Click here to learn more about how to search for internships using the Toppel Career Center.