Take advantage of these resources and services geared toward graduate students.
- Meet with an advisor to discuss any career-related questions. To schedule an appointment, please log in to your HireACane account or call the main line at 305-284-5451.
- stop by the Toppel Career Center Monday-Thursday from 10:00am - 4:30pm to have your resume critiqued; no appointment necessary!
The Versatile PhD (VPhD) offers information on non-academic careers for Ph.D.s and ABDs. You can use this web-based resource anytime, and confidentially.
PhD Career Guide - PhD Career Guide is a free resource that provides specific career information and career options for PhDs of all disciplines. Careers covered are: Academia, Government, Sales, Consulting, Law, Technology Transfer, Entrepreneurship, Pharma/Biotech, Venture Capital, Finance, Public Policy and Writing.
Special Career Events -
special events such as career fairs
and other events (U in the City
and Career Development Series) are offered throughout the year.
On-line Tools: ACCESS
all of the following tools by logging in to - HireACane
- HireACane - post your resume or CV in our electronic job/internship database; updated daily providing a variety of opportunities for UM students
- Career Insider by Vault - information on top employers and education programs, job search advice, salary info, and more
- GoinGlobal - career information and job listings for an overseas job search
- TypeFocus - on-line career assessment tool that reveals your personality and strengths
- UCAN- one of the most comprehensive online internship databases and is shared amongst 22 of the most prestigious and elite institutions in the United States
- opportunity to store job search information electronically, such as letters of recommendation, transcripts, CV and other documents