Assess your strengths, interests, and abilities
Exploration is key to further enhance personal and professional development skills. At this phase, assess your strengths, interests, and abilities in preparation to identify a major, a career pathway, and to expand self-awareness. Participate in these activities to develop these key areas.
- Complete career assessments and review results with an advisor; also consider utilizing Strengths Quest (please click on link for more information on SQ)
- Participate in at least two Career Development Series session per academic year (Industry Panels)
- Schedule an appointment through HireACane to meet with an advisor to discuss career pathways, practice interviewing, and internship and career opportunities
- Utilize HireACane account resources: Vault Career Insider, Going Global, Type Focus
- Utilize resources on www.HireACane.com: Candid Career, Career Links, Pathbrite, Glassdoor
- Review resources to conduct research on suggested career paths and majors, such as: What Color is My Parachute and Vault Career Insider