Attend the Career Expo to meet recruiters from a wide array of industries looking to connect with UMiami students and alumni. Career Expo attracts hundreds of companies from various industries including business, healthcare, communication, government, non-profits, science, technology and more! Gain exposure to a broad spectrum of career paths, learn about internships, full time positions and network with employers from various industries.
Open to UMiami degree seeking students and alumni only.
What do you need for Expo?
Professional dress is required for entry and students are encouraged to bring at least 20 copies of their resume.
Are you prepared for Career Expo?
- Must be a University of Miami degree seeking student or alumni
- Must be
professionally dressed. Students and alumni not professionally dressed will not
be allowed to enter Expo.
- Have CaneID
- Have at least 20 copies of your resume
Be sure to have done the following to be
sure you are prepared to network:
- Have your resume critiqued by Toppel
- Attend Career prep workshops (Schedule of events available on the Toppel calendar)
- Conduct company research
- Attend career development programs leading up to Expo such as EPIC
- Collect business cards from recruiters to follow up after the event
You can come to Toppel (located at 5225 Ponce de Leon Blvd.) for walk-in advising for a resume or cover letter critique, mini mock interview, and LinkedIn profile critique. Walk-in advising schedule:
Monday – Thursday 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Explore the rest of www.hireacane.com
for more information on programs and resources
available for your career preparation.
*Career Expo is open to degree-seeking University of Miami students and alumni only