The Toppel Career Center's On Campus Recruiting Program offers a convenient and flexible way for your company to meet its hiring needs. Our goal is to tailor a variety of services into a streamlined process that allows you to maximize your time and energy while finding outstanding University of Miami students and alumni.
- Industry and Company Information Sessions: An information session is a great way to host a group of students on campus and discuss your company, its culture, and available opportunities. An industry session can be a great marketing tool to attract a broader selection of students by integrating key industry insights, thus adding value to your presentation. Request an information session today by logging in to your HireACane account, selecting "Events," and then using the "Request Event" tool. Please note that a $75 fee applies to employers who do not attend a Career Fair or Meet-Up during the semester.
- Company Information Table: Setting up a table in the University Center Breezeway is an excellent way to meet many students throughout the day. We provide the table - you bring your team, company information, and whatever else you need to attract students. Request a table today by logging in to your HireACane account, selecting "Events," and then using the "Request Event" tool. Please indicate “University Center Breezeway Table” in the event name and note that a $75 fee applies to employers who do not attend a Career Fair or Meet-Up during the semester.
- Career Conversations: "Career Conversations" are not formal job interviews, but a great way for recruiters to meet in small groups with UM students and alumni. Students will have an opportunity register in advance for 1/2 hour time-slots to ask questions about your organization/industry, to discuss job and internship positions, and to get to know you on a more informal level. These informational events are free and you can reserve your date by logging in to your HireACane account, selecting the Interviews tab to “Request Interview Schedule,” and choosing the "Career Conversation" option in the Timeline section.
- On-Campus Interviews: On-campus interviewing is a quick and efficient way to interview multiple UM students at the career center in a half or full-day session. The automated process employs trigger dates where students have a deadline to apply, employers then pre-select students for interviews, and students signup for interview slots based on preset information. We will then provide you with an interview packet including an interview schedule, key interviewee information, and a resume book. Simply login to your HireACane account, select the Interviews tab to “Request Interview Schedule,” and indicate what day you would like to interview.
- Toppel Career Fairs & Events: In addition to the on-campus recruiting tools listed here, you have the opportunity to participate in Toppel Career Fairs and Events. To register for a Career Fair or other Toppel event, login to your HireACane account, select “Fairs” and search for the University of Miami.
- Best Practices: In addition to the strategies above, we have compiled a list of Best Practices that may help you take on-campus recruiting to the next level.
The most successful on-campus recruiting strategy will be a comprehensive approach that strategically integrates a variety of recruiting tools to build your brand on campus and maximize your recruiting efforts. To discuss your comprehensive plan today, please contact Devin Rogan at 305-284-1989 or email@example.com.
To recruit on campus, the process takes approximately 4 weeks from the time the position is posted until the actual interview date. Most schedules are pre-select (positions are posted, students apply online, and employers select the applicants they wish to interview). Interviews take place at the Toppel Career Center between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. We welcome your comments and feedback about the services provided by the Toppel Career Center. Additionally, we ask you to keep us informed as to whom you hire.